Sunday, May 23, 2010
Henry Clay Law Office,Lexington
Erected 1803-04, this is the only office standing used by Clay; he occupied it from 1804 until circa 1810. During these significant years in his career, Clay was elected to successive terms in legislature and to unexpired terms in the United States Senate. Builders Stephens and Winslow used their characteristic brick basement. Original floorboards remain.