Sunday, November 23, 2008
Hopewell Presbyterian Church 1787
Old Hopewell church still holds Sunday services and is located on the Paris Pike (US 68) between Paris and Lexington in Bourbon County.
Hopewell, one of the oldest Presbyterian churches in Bourbon County, has held worship services since 1785. The first congregation included Dutch settlers. It was recognized by the Transylvania Presbytery in 1787. Original church was located near Grant's Fort, one mile from this site. After fort and church burned, the church was rebuilt here in 1823 and in 1904.